Welcome to the ls.ext wiki!
System overview and technical information
The diagram shows the components of a default setup of the LS.ext system, and how they are connected. The different components run as docker containers in a closed network and communicate directly to ports only available internally in the docker-network, with only 3 services (ports) exposed: catalinker, patron-client and Koha.
- Install the following pre-requisites: git, make, docker, docker-compose, curl
- Clone the ls.ext repository
git clone https:/gitlbal.deichman.no/digibib/ls.ext.git
- Enter the ls.ext directory and make the project:
cd ls.ext && make. When the make command has executed you have built the project and all containers should be up and running.
- To check the platform integrity, run tests with
Elasticsearch won't start - Make sure your system fulfills Elasticsearch Important System Configurations. In particular, the default virtual mmap count is likely too low, set in linux using
sudo sysctl -w vm.max_map_count=262144, or see docker for Mac instructions
Koha API authentication fails - Make sure the following sysprefs in Koha are set:
In-depth guides for individual components:
We at OPL use
docker-compose both for provisioning our development machines as well as for provisioning our production servers. Updating a services is just a matter of specifying a different container image in the docker-compose configuration file and restart the service with
docker-compose up -d <service>.
The user interface is fully translatable, and a check in our testing pipeline ensures that all strings are translated. We are maintaining English and Norwegian translations. Adding a third language is trivial.
The interface defaults to Norwegian, but English can be triggered by amending
&language=en to the URL.
- Some properties of resources are indexed with their Norwegian label (for example: the nationality of persons).
If the LS.ext where to be adopted by another library, some improvements would need to be made to make certain hard-coded values and usages configurable:
- The RDF resource base URI is hard-coded to
http://data.deichman.no/. For resources to be dereferencable, this should be made configurable to a domain under the users control.
- The ontology namespace is hard-coded to
- Some links to resources in catalinker are hardcoded to OPL domains.