DEICH-6154 update ES to avoid log4j RCE
There are breaking changes, but none seem to hit Deichman's usage. The changes in the config is to avoid warnings. The discovery-type is a security measure.
The code was tested locally and a full reindexing was done with good results.
- Search and autocomplete was done in prod and locally on ~same data and gave the ~same results (prod index is likely slightly out of sync)
- There are slight differences in ordering on automcomplete (can be because of difference in underlying data which affects ranking)
As a part of the release, me and Petter have discussed doing a "clean slate" reindexing to try to get the production index in sync. This means that we can safely deploy this code, but we should do reindexing the same evening. NOTE: this procedure should be done in the test environment first!
- Notify about potential issues with search to operations and on Workplace
- Stop Sibyl and Elasticsearch
TRUNCATE sibyl.koha_cachein Sibyl's DB
- Optional: consider deleting the elasticsearch volume (
docker volume rm deichman_elasticsearch_data)
- Bring up ES check logs, if ok, bring up Sibyl
- Wait for Koha-cache to be updated in Sibyl (takes a few minutes)
- Start full reindexing
- Wait... :)